Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Taste of London Festival 2011

Location: London, Regents Park


No food festivals would be complete without a bag of macaroons. If you love food as much as I do, then you will understand how excited I was to have FINALLY attended The Taste of London Food festival. I booked tickets for the grand opening since it was my day off from work. All the celebrity chefs were out and about to promote their restaurants.  I even got the chance to meet a few and they were all so lovely. Despite the rain in the morning, it didn't dampen my mood. After all, I had a whole day filled with food.. how could you not be happy? I got to mingle with foodies from all over the city. I drank endless amounts of free (sampled) booze and ate some of the best foods from michelin star restaurants It was a foodies heaven. I even got the chance to sample some of Heston Blumenthal bizarre desserts - how does smoke salmon with ice-cream sound like to you, good? Probably not. but it was lovely! Anyways, I didn't get to take much photos as I was too busy eating, haha. But here's how the day went..

Yauatcha @ Taste of London Festival

Fino @ Taste of London Festival

Waitrose Cooking School @ Taste of London Festival


Sampling Heston Blumenthal's Desserts - Chocolate & Rosemary Ice-cream & Salted Popcorn Ice-cream @ Taste of London Festival

Heston's Garden @ Taste of London Festival 

Asian Produce @ Taste of London Festival

Delicious Starters @ Taste of London Festival

Independent Companies @ Taste of London Festival

Sample Dishes @ Taste of London Festival 

Chocolate Heaven @ Taste of London Festival

There were so many food stands available at the festival. We weaved in and out from each stand, from one restaurant to the next, trying out so many kinds of food. We bought £30 worth of crowns (crowns is the currency used at the festival. £1 = 2 crowns), which was more than enough for two. On average, it was 10-12 crowns per dish.. a bit pricey for the portions, but all the dishes we had were all so lovely.

The best part of this festival was that I got to meet a few celebrity chefs. Funny how they look so much smaller in person than they do on television. I even got to meet one of my culinary idols - Alexis Gauthier. He is such a lovely man, took the time out to speak to me and my boyfriend and told him that I have reservations at his restaurants for next week, he even took my name down. Lovely man!

Me & Alexis Gauthier @ Taste of London Festival. My idol :) 

Michel Roux @ Taste of London Festival. What a brilliant chef! 

Gary Rhode @ Taste of London Festival. Such a lovely guy! :)

A great day out for food lovers of all kinds! I'll be looking forward to visiting some of these big name restaurants in the near future. In particular, Gary Rhodes 24 and Roux by Michel Roux.

Bring on Taste of London Festival 2012!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...