Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dinner @ Aubaine (Mediterranean)

Location: London, Regents Street

I don't often eat Mediterranean food, but when I do crave for it, my first pick would definitely be Aubaine.  Aubaine is one of my favourite restaurants to eat, especially on a Friday evening. The atmosphere, the food, the service, even the look of the restaurant gets you hyped up for the weekend.  Located just off Piccadilly Circus, in the bustling food quarter of Regent street. Aubaine serves up wholesome Mediterranean food that is jam packed with flavour and style. 


For starters I had the vegetarian option of  Asparagus and Duck Egg. The herb crumbed duck egg oozed out with a lovely big burst of flavour. The asparagus was cooked perfectly, but still had a bite to it, which is how I normally like my asparagus to be cooked. It was accompanied with a very strong Hollandaise sauce.. it was too strong for my liking, but delicious nevertheless.. it had a sharp tang that married together the duck egg and the asparagus. My main was Roasted Rack of Lamb with Nicoise Garnish. The lamb was just slightly over done for me, as I usually have mine medium-rare. However, the sweet jus and lovely vegetable was season very well and it all just melted in my mouth. My boyfriend had the Pigs Cheeks with spring greens and Dijon Mustard. The pigs cheek was so moist and succulent that it fell a part with the lightest touch of a fork. The strong mustard sauce was a little over powering, however the spring greens was very sweet and well balanced in flavour. All dishes was present beautifully and everything came out super fast. 

As a restaurant, it is perfect for having a light dinner after a long day of work. Socially, it is perfect  for drink enthusiasts as Aubaine serves the most delicious french and international wines, as well as sweet cocktails in a surrounding filled with lots of out-of-the-office workers. Having Strawberry Moons and All Bar One just opposite the restaurant, helps build up the trendy atmosphere. It is definitely a restaurant where people watch is a must. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...