Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dinner @ Gauthier Soho By Alexis Gauthier (French)

Location: London, Soho

First things first, just want to say a big happy birthday to my bestie, Annabel. She has turned the sweet age of 24. Happy birthday my lovely, I hope you're reading this!

Annabel and I are huge fans of Alexis Gauthier, we love his style of cooking and we just love him as a person. I had the chance to meet him at the Taste of London Food festival last week (read post here) and he was just the most genuine guy that you can ever meet. You can imagine how excited I was to have found out that Annabel had booked a table at his restaurant for her birthday. It was the highlight of my week.

We had reservations for 7:30pm on friday evening. Even though London presented us with rain and wind, that didn't damped our mood. We arrived a little early and we we were greeted by the Maitre' D and was seated to our table promptly.

The menu that was presented to us was pretty much what I expected. Very elegantly presented both visually and the way it was worded. There was a choice of a 3 course, 4 course or 5 course meal via the A La Cart menu or the 7 course on the Tasting Menu. Both myself, Annabel and another of our close friend Kwok decided to choose the 5 course meal that cost around £55 per person excluding drinks.

This is how the meal went..


001. A Mix Canape - to start ● 002. Calf's Sweet Breads With English Peas and Venison Jus ● 003. Black Truffle Risotto ● 004. Angus Beef with Fennel, Carrots, Black Olives and Lamb Jus ● 005. Strawberry Parfait with Strawberry Ice-cream Cheese Cake

Apologise for missing out on the 4th dish, which was a very tasty Sea Bream and Langoustine.  Everything that was presented to me was so  delicious. Packed with flavours that made my taste bud explode. The black truffle rissorto was my favourite.. it absolutely amazing, I've never had anything like it before. The taste was incomprehensible. Very pricey, but worth every single penny in my opinion.

Presentation was beautiful and the atmosphere of the restaurant was very intimate. It was that sort of environment where you don't want to raise your voice just incase the next table can hear your conversation. Everyone was pretty much seated close together... I really like it as it felt so exclusive.

After our meal, we all opted for the tea menu to cleanse our palette. Myself and Annabel went for the traditional Japanese Sencha Tea, which was very refreshing, and Kwok went for traditional Japanese Green Tea. A great way to end the meal.


Such a cute tea pot! The Japanese Sencha tea was really nice.. perfect after a heavy meal.

All in all, it was a fantastic evening filled with divine food, good company and hilarious conversation. 


Happy birthday bestie! Hope you had a fantastic night :) xxx

Gauthier Soho on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...