Monday, September 19, 2011

Afternoon Tea @ The Dorchester Hotel (British)

Location: London, Mayfair - The Dorchester Hotel

Anyone that knows me, will know that I am far from posh. Think Eastenders, but with less of a cockney accent. So you can imagine how I felt when I walked in to The Dorchester Hotel for this afternoon tea. tI have been wanting to go to for so long now and I had to painfully  wait up to 2-weeks for my reservation and truth be told, it was well worth the wait. £36.50 per person for Afternoon Tea at The Dorchester Hotel is a little on the pricey side, but the experience itself was worth ever penny. It is not every day that you drink high tea and eat specialized pastry at one of the worlds best hotels.

So here's how the day went..


Gorgeous interior of The Promenade. The surroundings had an old english feel to it.


My BF went for the traditional breakfast tea, but I decided to be a little different and opted for the The Dorchester Tea, which had a strong vanilla under tone to it. It was delicious and complimented the pastries and scones.

We were given this mango jelly dessert to cleanse our palette before our scones and desserts came.

How cute is the scones? 

You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you that what we had was unlimited.. yes unlimited, as much as we wanted, til' our hearts content. I think the only time that I have had the 'upper-class' treatment was when I was bumped up to business class coming home from New York (thats another story in itself). I couldn't believe when our waiter asked us if we wanted more......... again and again! Me being me, I kepted asking for more and not eating it all. Hey, if its free.. why the hell not right? 

The sandwiches and pastries that we had was delicious! My favourite was the seafood special sandwich that consisted of fresh salmon, trout and mayonnaise. I also really liked the basil bread with chicken.. I have never tasted basil bread so that was new to my amateur palette. 


The lemon-moose in choux pastry was the cutest little dessert that I have seen. I love the adorable floral design! 

All in all, it was a brilliant experience and definitely best experienced with close friends or a partner. The surroundings are romantic yet relaxed, the service was immaculate and the food was divine. The Dorchester lives up to its high-class name.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...